Thursday, May 9, 2013

Momma's Quiche Lorraine.



Momma's Quiche Lorraine

1 9" unbaked pie shell
1 tablespoon of soft butter
12 bacon slices
4 eggs
2 cups of heavy cream or half and half
1 1/2 cups of grated swiss cheese
Pinch of nutmeg 
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste



Cook bacon until crisp; crumble into small pieces.
Preheat oven 425 degrees.
Place your unbaked pie shell in the pie dish and rub butter over surface.
In a large bowl combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, sugar, and cayenne pepper and mix.
Sprinkle pie shell with bacon and cheese and then pour in mixture.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 300, bake 45 minutes or until silver knife inserted in center comes out clean.



Mother's stamp of approval.


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
...we actually ate this quiche ourselves and damn was it good!





9 comments:

  1. I love a good quiche, Mr. B, not so much. Pinning your recipe to try the next time he's out of town :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quiche too and am always looking for a good recipe so thanks for sharing your recipe, oh I mean your Mom's!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish! I would love for you to share this at my new linky party. http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Looks absolutely superb. Love a bit of home style quiche as I think you know.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Quiche Lorraine is my FAVORITE! Not just because its my name :P This is making my mouth water! :) Thanks for sharing on Sweet & Savoury Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiche Lorraine is one of my absolute favorites! It's the perfect dinner with a big salad! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quiche looks perfect! Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love quiche, I could eat a slice of this right now. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete